Hello and welcome to another edition of Ciena Community Happenings! This week we’re reviewing what happened last week, the week ending Friday, January 13, 2017. So, I thought it we could start out with some facts about Friday the 13th:
- It’s unclear why the day is feared, but the first documented mention of the day can be found in a biography of Italian composer Gioachino Rossini, who died on a Friday 13th.
- The fear of Friday the 13th is reals and called friggatriskaidekaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia. It is said that millions of people.
- For a month to have a Friday the 13th, the month must begin on a Sunday.
- Alfred Hitchcock was both on Friday, August 13, 1899 and he made his directorial debut in 1922 with a movie called Number 13.
Now, a summary of happenings last week, just in case you missed it.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Welcome: Leigh Adams, Amin Aflatoonian, Bruce Bell, Aubrey Bernard, Eleazar Bonkuri, Chris Brown, Pierre Chemin, Marie Clarke, Barbara DePompa, William Kascek, Tuan Kiet, Hervé Launay, Graeme Maddison, Marwan Mansour, Dhanalakshmi Mareeswaran, Alan Nunn, Peter Otten, Franck Panaget, Somat Saputra, Deep Singh, and Francois-Xavier Thoret.
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
- Your Top 4 Questions Answered About WaveLogic Ai: Our very own Helen Xenos answers the four most common questions about our new WaveLogic Ai coherent chipset. Check it out and then ask your additional question in Converged Packet Optical.
- Ciena’s 9 Predictions for Networks and Tech in 2017: Some our experts and execs share their predictions for this year. Take a look. What is your prediction? Share it to round out the list to 10 and you’ll earn the 2017 Predictions Badge too.
- Best Practice Advice for Deploying SDN and NFV: John Hawkins shares his advice for network operators looking to migrate to SDN and NFV. Learn more and then ask your questions in Blue Planet.
We have the opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team in the following open questions:
- Why aren't the 3931 6.15.00.xxx cofig changes for traffic-services for "dot1dpri-cos 1-2" and "dot1dpri-cos 3-5" taking place?
- How do i use the new "xc" command on the 393x? vlan create xc port-a vlan create xc port-b vlan delete xc vlan show xc
Have questions? Here are few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
A summary of the most popular forums last week based on your views. Find all forums and topics in the Ciena Community in: Find Your Forum. Once you find your forum, don't forget to follow it and stay in the know on product news, questions and discussions.
Can't find a forum or a topic? Ask us about it in: About the Ciena Community.
The first step in becoming a member of the Ciena Community is completing your profile. Through your profile, you can tell the story of you, put a face to your name and share your skills and expertise. Start setting up your profile by following this guide: Setting Up Your Profile.
You find more tips and topics in: First Three Things.
Have a great week and keep networking.