Hello and Happy Monday, I hope everyone had a great weekend! Our fun fact this week is about Mardi Gras, which starts in approximately ten hours. On this day, February 27th, in 1827, a group of masked and costumed students danced through the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana, making it the beginning of the city's famous Mardi Gras celebrations. It wasn't until 1857, thirty years later, that the first large-scale, well-organized parade that we've come to know started. But, did you know that float riders are required to wear masks by law? If a float rider is caught without a mask, they're subject to being fined or ejected from the parade.
Now, a look at what happened in the community last week.
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community! Welcome: Paul Armstrong, Marc Bouteyre, Dennis Brown, Renhao Chu, Joseph d'anduono, Ramiro Galvan, David Jaya, Seokhwan Kong, Derrick Lathrop, Maxime Lebeau, David Neau, Chau Nguyen, Timofey Pechenev, Marcelo Peressutti, David Rathjens, Victor Rungta, Terry Schaefer, Rameshkumar Shanmugasundaram, Awantikesh Singh, Dale Smith, and Vanessa Woolridge.
We're gald you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to say hello at: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- Introducing Waveserver Ai: Last week, Kent Jordan announced the latest edition to the Waveserver family: Waveserver Ai. Join Kent's upcoming webinar, From Game of Thrones to Gmail—High Capacity for Content and Cloud Services, this Thursday, March 2nd at 11:00 AM ET to learn more. Save your spot.
- Emulation Cloud: A 12-Month Report Card: Our Erik McLaughlin gives a one-year progress report on the new application development environment: Emulation Cloud. Learn more and then sign up. Do you currently use Emulation Cloud? Share your experiences, feedback, and feature requests with us and the community in Emulation Cloud.
- A DevOps Checklist for Traditional Service Providers: Tim Pearson shares five critical steps that taken into account when implementing a DevOps approach. Have you accounted for all five steps?
- Ciena Course Spotlight: Our March Ciena course spotlight is on the topic of visualization. Stacey Conliffe shares an overview of available courses that will help get your head in the cloud and a better understanding of visualization. Check it out.
- What is MCP?: Learn more about Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) and how it can help you. You may also want to check out this Chalk Talk: Chalk Talk - Blue Planet Manage, Control and Plan.
This week's shout out goes to new members that asked their first question(s). Thank you for joining and contributing to the Ciena Community!
Here are new and open questions asked in the community. Check them out and share your experiences and expertise to help:
- OME6500 and third-party RADIUS server
- Supermux mapping preference
- OTN interface support on PSW
- G.8032 best practice?
- 6.16 vs. 6.15?
Have a question? Browse topics and forums to find your forum and ask your industry colleagues and Ciena SMEs for help.
Last weeks most popular answered questions based on your views were:
- Pass IP address of OME6500 to Site Manager (Windows)
- I am looking for the MAX power consumption for a 6500-14
- How to initialize 6500 node database?
- 3930 Vlan configuration guide
- Site Manager Software for 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
Your avatar is a great way for people to "meet" and recognize you in person because it is prominently featured on your profile and more importantly, featured next to all of your contributions in the community. Follow these steps to put a face to your name and upload an avatar photo.