Happy Monday Tuesday!! What does your week look like - quiet, busy, or average? What are you working on this week? I'm working on a new community homepage that I can't wait to show you soon, a new Member Spotlight, and kicking off a project for Blue Planet and the Blue Planet DevOps Exchange that I'm really excited about.
Here is your summary of what happened last week in and around the community.
Hello and Welcome
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Luciane Batista, Rafael de Oliveira Ribeiro, Michael Donaldson, Brian Dravecz, Amit Gumber, Mikaël Heroux, Kate Lofthouse-Coin, Pat Mathieus, Thomas Phoenix, Gustavo Reyes, Michael Roseingrave, and Pierre Tardif.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to say hello at: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
Share Your Experiences
Check out our open questions and share your expertise to help an industry colleague find a solution:
- SNMP OID to poll AMP ports to get their PM values
- Alarm Help: Link Errored Frame Event
- SNMP trap for active/current alarm OME6500
- Backup Failure alarm on OMS6500
- SNMP trap trigger
- Link Budget Calculation for DWDM
- how can i pull Network Trail, WSS Statistics and Flow Point Inventory using API
- Saos 7x Egress Port Scheduler?
- Supermux mapping preference
Have a question? Find your forum and ask the community.
Popular and Noteworthy
Our most popular answered questions based on your views last week were:
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- Configuration of Ciena 3930
- G.8032 best practice?
- G.8032 failed to reroute
- Ciena 3916 Configuration
I Love Acronyms
We have a new acronym challenge for all of you! Our new acronym is:
To join the challenge, post what LEAF represents in a comment at: I Love Acronyms: LEAF. Points will be awarded to all participants with the correct answer and extra points are awarded to the first correct answer and the most creative answer. Good luck!!
What Is: MPLS-TP
- What do you think is the most important aspect of MPLS-TP?
- What advancements do you see in the future of MPLS-TP?
- Is MPLS-TP “tomorrow’s network”?
- How would you explain MPLS-TP to a class of rowdy sixth graders?
Learn more about MPLS-TP and y sharing what it means to your role in telecommunications at: What is MPLS-TP to you?
In Telecom News
- Carrier Ethernet 101: Speeds, Standards and Services: Carrier Ethernet innovation is moving at an impressive pace. Between the various industry groups and standards bodies, as well as multiple concurrent standards efforts, it’s often hard to keep up. To make sense of it all, our Carrier Ethernet guru John Hawkins gives you an overview of the speeds, standards and services associated with Carrier Ethernet. Read more.
- Winds of Change in Smart Cities?: Is your Smart City project a technology roll-out searching for a problem to solve, or does it focus first on identifying citizen issues that are best solved with technology? Ciena’s Daniele Loffreda reflects on the evolution in what he’s hearing from CIOs and others in the smart city movement. Read more.
- NFV/SDN eBook: The Perfect Storm of Opportunity is Here: Get your questions answered with Ciena's new NFV and SDN Guide for Carriers and Service Providers, with 35+ pages of insights from our Blue Planet experts. Get the eBook and then ask your questions in Blue Planet.
- Why Successful Business Transformation Requires a New Type of Optical Network: New coherent technology innovations are now making it possible to challenge several longstanding assumptions associated with how optical networks are built, says Ciena’s Helen Xenos, radically simplifying operational practices. Read more.
- The Internet of Things Is the Next Digital Evolution - What Will It Mean? Trend
- More rural broadband options coming through fiber, satellites Alaska Journal of Commerce
- Connected healthcare to drive 5G in India Telecomlead
- London is the world’s most connected city Telecom.com
- How to make your employees care about cybersecuirty: 10 tips TechRepublic
- Dell’Oro Group: SD-WAN Market to Grow 33% Over Next 5 Years SDxCentral
- Worldwide Shipments of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Headsets Expected to Grow at 58% CAGR with Low Cost Smartphone VR Devices being Short-Term Catalyst, According to IDC IDC
- 5 billion people now have a mobile phone connection, according to GSMA data VentureBeat
- Average Global Cost of a Data Breach Now $3.6M, IBM Reports eWeek
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Maurice Bobo-Smith, Robert Choate, Eric Guidal, Wouter Huisman, Michael McClure, John McManus, Luke Philips, Raymond Tetzloff, and George Wise.
When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart.
This Thursday, June 29th is National Camera Day, a day commemorating photographs, the camera, and their invention. To celebrate, grab your phone and take a selfie, or have someone take a picture of you, and upload the picture as your profile picture here in the community. Learn how to update your picture in: Uploading or Choosing an Avatar
Did You Know
That the iconic video game company, Atari, was founding by Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney on June 27, 1972. Atari’s first video game, Pong, was the first commercially successful video game and established the video game industry.
Have a great week and keep networking! I look forward to hearing from you.