I hope you all had an excellent weekend and a warm start to November. It has been a rather busy fall for us, but this weekend was pleasantly quiet and it was a nice, relaxing couple of days. How was your weekend?
As we plan what we're going to accomplish this week, here are several things to add to your plans and get involved:
- Say hello: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- Ask Austin questions on "loops, testing, configs, best practices for CESD": Member Spotlight: Austin Carr
- Share your experiences and help others: Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (Nov 2)
- Join our new I Love Acronyms Challenge: I Love Acronyms: CES
- Vote in our new community poll: What is your top priority for nex-gen DCI solutions?
Now, here are your highlights of what happened around the community last week.
Hello and Welcome
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Mohammed Arif, Chris Batzios, Boris Borodach, Todd Caine, Suresh ChV, Ingrid Cornelilssen, Radoslaw Czaja, Todd Houser, Jimmy Johnson, Lakshman Kularatna, Arun Kumar, Brian LaCroix, Pankaj Mittal, Binu Nadarajan, Joshua Rouse, Hartanto Santo, Raj Siddannanavara, Dimitris Symeonidis, Nirmalkumar T, KEI TAKESHITA, and Val Zabel.
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
Popular and Noteworthy
Our most popular answered questions based on your views last week were the following:
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- Mac address Lookup
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- Default Ciena 3920 LMI information
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- Is Ciena have any 100G card with 1310nm/1550nm client interface more then 10km..
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Dmitry Amelichkin, Dave Anderson, Imran Azimi, Jigar Chheda, Steve DesRochers, John Grinwis, Mark Hapner, Aaron Hudson, Jorma Ikäheimo, Ratko Kovacina, Rohit Kunjappa, Edwin Lewzey, David Narraway, Vjeran Peroš, Simon Reap, William Stanton, Glenn Stern, and Craig Whetstone.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
This Wednesday, November 8th, is National S.T.E.M./S.T.E.A.M. Day. It is a day meant to inspire children to explore or pursue their interests in science, technology, engineering, art, and math. To celebrate, schedule time to share what you do with the children in your life or plan a fun S.T.E.A.M. activity, volunteer for a local program to educate children on telecommunications technology, or donate to a local school S.T.E.A.M. program.
Did You Know
That on November 5, 2007 Google introduced the Android platform, its mobile OS for cell phones based on a modified version of the Linux operating system. Nearly a year later, September 2008, the first Android phone would ship. Today, the Android OS market share worldwide is 85% (source).
Have a great week and keep networking!