Before we jump into highlights from last week, here are other ways to get involved in the community this week:
- Ciena and Windstream offer the promise of programmable networks: simplification, automation, transformation: reserve your spot in this upcoming webinar.
- Share Your Feedback: Ciena Community Member Survey: and help us improve the community.
- I Love Acronyms: SNCP: test your telecom acronym knowledge in our new I Love Acronyms challenge.
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? : join the conversation to say hello and meet other members.
Now, here are your highlights of what happened around the community last week.
Hello and Welcome
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
Popular and Noteworthy
Our most popular questions based on your views last week were the following:
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- What is coherent technology?
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- What is the required Brocade ISL (E-port) settings to Ciena 6500 using Card 4X10G OTR 4xXFP/4xSFP+ PEC: NTK530QA ?
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Guðvarður Ólafsson, Jesus Casado, Wendell Clements, Guillaume DELAUNAY, Ray DeLorenzo, Lionel GOARZIN, Chris Green, Nancy Gulick, Janine Halvorsen, philippe Lepine, Jamie Ma, Doug Parker, Satish Pulimi, Frank Rosquin, Roland Silva, SABITHALI THARAMMAL, Jesse Van Leemputte, and john vars.
Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
This Friday, December 8th is Pretend To Be A Time Traveler Day. As a Dr. Who fan, I have to say that I’m onboard with this day. One blog started this day on December 4, 2007 and since then, every year on December 8th, we have a day just to act like a time traveler. Two questions for you: What is your favorite time traveler book, movie or television show? If you could travel to the past or future, when and where would you go?
Did You Know
16 years ago yesterday, the Segway was unveiled. That’s right, on December 3, 2001, the inventor of the Segway, Dean Kamen, unveiled the self-balancing, battery-powered vehicle on Good Morning America. To keep it upright while in use, the Segway uses computers and motors in the base. While the Segway hasn’t been a commercial success, it is still to this day one method of personal transportation.
Have a great week and keep networking!