Happy Monday! As we kick off the month of August, I'm excited to share an opportunity for those who wish to make optical networking knowledge their new superpower! Download Ciena's Optical Networking Super Bundle for free today to get the latest updates and developments in the industry on topics such as 400G, FlexE, FlexO, and more!
Now, here is your weekly update of what's been happening in the community since last Monday. Please join us in welcoming new members to the community, celebrating those with one-year memberversaries, and joining the conversation with a new question, idea, like, comment, follow, or vote. Have a great rest of your week!
Hello and Welcome
Please join us in welcoming our newest members to the Ciena Community! Welcome: Darryle Baker, Olivier Blanchette, Forrest Born, RAMAKRISHNA BOYA, Jorge Luiz Meirinho Cardoso, Jerry CHAN, abdul khaliq choudhry, Sheila Colletta, Joshua Culp, peter dadge, Ron DeAlmeida, Abdel el Anazi, Tareq Elsayed, gary engelke, friedolin esslinger, Jorge Fernandez, Steven Gilliland, CRISTIAN GUTIERREZ, Austin Harsh, Roman Hartung, Patrick Hogan, Jeremy Jones, Donnie Jones, Gregory Katsaros, Mark Kraus, Brett Krueger, Massimo Manna, Daniel Monteith, Nathan Murdock, mark nordberg, Ade Raditya, Meftah Ur Rahman, Rahul Rawat, William Robertson, Demond Savoy, michael schafer, Pallavi Sinha, Sherif Sorour, Mark Swilley, Isaaac Valdez, Jonathan Walker, paul williams, and Colin Wilton!
We're so glad to have you and would like to extend an invitation to share something about yourself and your favorite Ciena products, as well as learn more about other members of the community on our introduce yourself thread!
Popular and Noteworthy
The most popular questions based on your views:
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- After firmware Upgrade, 10G optic not unrecognized?
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- Ciena 4200 commands list
- RFC2544 Test - Static Reflector
- Pin-out diagram for the db 25 craft cable
- OME 6110 HDE Cross-conexion Numbers Limitation
Top Service Ideas with the most votes. (Must be a user of my.ciena.com to view, create, and vote on ideas.)
- Ciena Learning App
- The Power Finder
- Equipment Utilization
- Maintenance Impact Analysis
- Network Inventory
Don't forget to check out our Service Ideas themes:
- Augmented Reality (AR) in Ciena's Service portfolio
- Spreadsheet Killer Overview
- New Theme: Navigation, simplified.
Submit an idea and receive 10 points to win the exclusive Service Ideas "I'm an idea person" t-shirt. Learn more.
Other noteworthy activity and content throughout the community.
- Tuning 10G SFP+'s on the 5170
- Understand Spine Leaf Network Architecture Packet Networking Summer Camp Q&A
- Let's Welcome Our Inaugural ACEs
- ACE Spotlight: Tom Engels
- Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (August 2)
- This Week I Learned: August 3rd
- I Love Acronyms: SHx
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018
- 52 Weeks of Learning Leaderboard: Round Three
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Marc Barbotin, Gerald Bloch, Ben Cheng, Darren Fox, Greg Hill, Mark Jones, Marcel Khoury, Adam Kujawski, Imed Lassoued, Joel Magee, scott mccormick, James Paul, Serguei Protsenko, David Vázquez, and German Vite!
Man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
What's a better way to kick off our first full week of August than with a new telecom acronym? Be sure to check it out and reply with what you think SHx means in telecom for a chance to earn points toward round three of 52 Weeks of Learning!
Click the link to go to 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018 for more content and activities like this, and to see how you can compete for the opportunity to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series – more than 75 courses on Packet-Optical, Packet, and Software!
This Thursday, August 9th, is National Book Lovers Day! This day is a celebration of our most treasured books, whether they be fiction or non-fiction, the enjoyment we experience, and the knowledge gained when reading them. Before industrial printing technology became advanced enough to reasonably produce many copies of a book, most people, especially those who weren't extremely wealthy, only had select access to books through public libraries. Public libraries have been around since the Middle Ages and often kept their valuable collections of novels and books chained to shelves and desks to prevent theft. Leave a comment below and let us know what you're reading right now, or a book you've been wanting to try, to celebrate learning and reading with the Ciena Community!
Did You Know
Today, August 6th, 97 years ago in 1921, the broadcasting station KDKA aired the first ever baseball game on the radio. Harold W. Arlin, an American engineer, provided commentary for the game between the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies from Forbes Fields in Pittsburgh. Arlin went on to be the first salaried, full-time sports broadcast announcer in the world.
Have a great week and keep networking!