Your photo is a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person. You can upload up to five photos that people can see when they visit your profile. While, your avatar lets community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue.
To upload a profile photo and set your avatar:
- Click the drop down next to your name or avatar in the upper right corner.
- Choose the Edit Profile link under Personal.
- Select Avatar
- To add a photo, click the Add another avatar link at the bottom of the page.
- Browse to a photo on your computer that you’d like to upload.
- Click the Upload & Continue button.
- If you’d like to crop your photo, drag the handles to select the portion of the photo you want to show, then drag the box to position your selection. Click the Crop Photo button.
- Click Finished. Your photo is now your avatar in the community and will appear on your profile page and along all contributions to the community.
There is also an option to upload photos that can be featured on your profile and feature your family, hobbies, etc. It's a great way to add personality to your profile page. To upload photos, follow steps one and two, but select Photos. You can upload up to five photos.