A Ciena Community Founding Member is an original member of the Ciena Community with an above average level of interest in Ciena hardware and software.
Ciena Community Founding Members are active participants in helping Ciena launch and grow the new community by:
- Leadership - Asking your open questions in the community to help set the example and begin building a knowledge base.
- Expertise - Sharing knowledge and expertise to help answer questions or publishing product feedback, tips and best practices.
- Collaborative - Giving feedback on the Ciena Community regarding the information, topics and features that should be added to the community roadmap and attending, or helping host, online and offline events.
- Responsive - Regularly participating on Ciena content and resources providing feedback contributing to the knowledge of the community.
- Champion - Joining Ciena in spreading the word about the community and championing it offline.
In generally, Founding Members help us develop our community roadmap and make it a success tool for all Ciena customers to ask, share, develop and connect from the beginning.
Some example benefits Founding Members receive are:
- Highlighted achievements in, and out, of the community
- Elevated status and recognition in the community
- Special access and previews with members of the community team
- Ciena Community swag
Ciena Community Founding Members joined the community between May 16, 2016 and June 30, 2016, but that doesn’t mean you can’t become a Founding Member going forward. Regularly participate and contribute in the community and you may also be nominated based on your activity to become a Ciena Community Founding Member.