I Love Acronyms Overview

Document created by hausmus Employee on Apr 4, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The I Love Acronyms (ILA) challenge is designed to test your Ciena and telecom industry knowledge. How it works is that we will share a Ciena or telecom industry acronym in the community for you to answer with the official title, term or phrase it represents. You'll just share your response as a comment to the thread, even if it is the same as a response previously submitted. We know you can look it up or do a shout-out to a friend for help, but we're trusting you not to do a quick Google search, flip through the Ciena Acronym Guide, or ask your colleagues. We want you to use existing knowledge, exercise your memory, or make an educated guess.

Acronyms will be shared every other week and the correct answer will be announced in a follow up Community Happenings post. If you answered correctly, you'll receive bragging rights, points and maybe even a bit more, it's a surprise. Extra points will be rewarded to the member that posts the correct answer first and for creativity to members using their memory.

Rewards for participation:

• Correct answer: 5 points
  • First correct answer: 10 extra points
  • Most creative guess: 10 extra points 

Follow Networking and the Community Happening blog to receive notifications of new I Love Acronyms challenges and the correct answer.

Attachments

Outcomes