The Ciena Community ACE program recognizes passionate community members for their contributions to the community and larger Ciena ecosystem, and for being a Ciena expert (ACE).
About the program
The Ciena Community ACE program was created to recognize top influencers around the world who have shared knowledge, provided assistance, and spent a significant amount in the Ciena Community. Our elite ACEs help their fellow Ciena Community members by answering tough-to-crack questions, sharing lessons learned, sparking points of discussion, and identifying helpful resources. Ciena ACEs serve a 12-month term; each following year, ACE status is reviewed and extended based on achieving, or exceeding, our expectations for community contributions.
- Expertise: Holds a deep understanding of Ciena, including one or more of the Ciena products, and the needs of our community members.
- Passion: Is enthusiastic about the opportunity to help others, support the success of the community, and act as an official community representative.
- Leadership: Consistently seeks opportunities to learn, challenge, and innovate and brings the voice of the customer back to Ciena.
- Advocacy: Advocates for Ciena and our core values of customer first, integrity, velocity, innovation, and outstanding people.
- Accessibility: Participates in the community regularly, helping users learn and use Ciena products, contributing new content, and encouraging involvement in the community.
ACE program elements
The ACE term is 12 months.
- Ciena Community members can apply to join the program during the yearly nomination period, April 1 - 30, 2019.
- Members must meet the minimum criteria, and apply during the nomination period to maintain ACE status.
- During the 12-month term, ACEs will:
- Regularly answer questions in the community
- Model community behavior by asking questions to get help
- Validate responses on questions by marking them helpful
- Contribute two tips or lessons learned posts per month
- Host one Network Bytes session - our take on an Ask Me Anything (AMA) series
- Participate in the ACE Lounge
- Ciena employees, contractors, consultants, and interns are not eligible to participate in the ACE program.
The Ciena Community ACE program seeks to enhance the influence of ACEs, both within the community and within their organizations. As a recognized ACE, you'll receive a number of benefits during the program year.
- Community profile and reward badge
- ACE recognition certificate
- Welcome kit and swag
- Community and social recognition
- Community privileges, i.e. moderation
- Private ACE forum and facilitated cohort
- Interactions with Ciena product experts
- Guest blogging opportunities
- Exclusive program, campaign, and product updates
- And, new rewards throughout the year